ABSU Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers for Art Students (Arts, Management and Social Science)
Are you a prospective student looking to secure your spot at Abia State University (ABSU)? Look no further! Our comprehensive guide is tailored to help you achieve exam success and gain admission into your desired course. With the ABSU detailed Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers with Solutions, you can confidently prepare for the upcoming exam. This article will walk you through the key features of our guide and how it can significantly improve your chances of success.
Time allowed for the exam: 1 hour
DOWNLOAD for FREE ON www.studyruby.com
In each of the questions 11 – 20, choose the option that best completes the gap(s)
1. Yesterday, my mother asked me______.
A. if I am tired
B. are you tired
C. whether was I tired
D. if I was tired
2. The Bank Manager assured us that there was nothing to worry about_____.
A. as regard to the loan
B. it with regards to the loan
C. in regard of the loan
D. with regard to the loan
3. The first prize was ______ tray.
A. a carved wooden attractive
B. a wooden attractive carved
C. an attractive carved wooden
D. a carved attractive wooden
4. The class teacher always cautions that difficult jobs should be done ______.
A. step from step
B. step by step
C. steps after steps
D. steps by steps
5. I am often angry ……. my brother since he differed____me often.
6. I am writing to you for ______ reasons .
D. myriad of
7. As we eat …….. the silence, my eyes ________ the room.
8. Is it true that the messenger ______ when the gates were closed.
A. had returned
B. would return
C. should return
D. should have returned
9. The public library has stopped______ books to readers.
10. We won‟t leave until it______ raining.
A. will stop
D. has stopped
11. The ______ of the event marked the beginning of a new life for the entire cabinet.
12. The train_______before I arrived.
A. was leaving
B. has left
C. had left
D. would leave
13. You can‟t travel on your own_______.
A. isn‟t it
B. can‟t you
C. won‟t you
D. shan‟t you
14. The man is refurbishing the flat with a view to_______it.
C. have sold
D. be selling
15. The Secretary-General was shocked at the number of_______.
A. child‟s soldiers
B. childish soldiers
C. children soldiers
D. child soldiers
16. In spite of the maid‟s good looks, her hair is always________.
D. uncared for
17. By the end of the football match today, we______the best player.
A. could have known
B. might have know
C. will have know
D. would have known
18. It is African for a younger person to show______ to elders.
19. A nursery thyme is used to teach pupils how to spell the word_______.
20. You, who _______ convicted should append.
21. “Pacification‟ refers to the process through which some areas in Nigeria were acquired by____.
A. military conquest
B. gunboat diplomacy
C. signing of treaties
D. peaceful negotiation
22. A Unitary System of Government leads to______.
A. too much expenditure
B. duplication of resources
C. delay in passage of bills
D. quick passage of bills
23. The primary objective of privatization policy in Nigeria is_______.
24. Delegation is necessary because________
A. the parliament has enough time B. the parliament has all the expertise
C. some bills are technical in nature
D. some bills are easy to handle
25. Prior to 1966, the system of local government in the Western Region was based on the three-tier structure of ________.
A. native authority, division and district councils
B. district, local and area council
C. division, district and local councils
D. province, district and local councils
26. Which of the following was NOT the responsibility of the Federal Electoral Commission in
A. supervision of polling
B. compilation of electoral register
C. delimitation of constituencies
D. counting and publication of electoral results
E. swearing in of member of the House of Assembly
27. The structural adjustment programme was introduced by the ______.
A. Babangida regime
B. Abacha regime
C. Murtala / Obasanjo regime
D. Buhari regime
28. The doctrine of separation of powers is associated with______.
29. The pressure group that resorts to unconventional methods to achieve its objectives is called_______.
A. anomic group
B. institutional group
C. promotional group
D. Interest group
30. A government by the people with pride of birth is called_______.
31. Land is a most significant factor in terms of contribution to the economy because______.
A. it enables us to build industries
B. we build house on it
C. all our highways are constructed on it
D. vital resources it enrich economy
32. All of the following are assets of a commercial bank except______.
B. bills discounted
C. bank deposits
D. advances to customers
33. The quantity Theory of Money states that an increase in the quantity of money would bring
A. a geometrical rise in prices
B. an unequal rise in price
C. a proportionate rise in price
D. an absolute rise in price
34. Under the socialist economy, the decision on what to produce is determined by the_____.
B. level of expected profit
ABSU Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers
35. Terms of trade simply means the price______.
A. ratio of import to export
B. ratio of export multiplied by import
C. ratio of export to import
D. ratio of export multiplied by price ratio of import
36. In perfect competition, the marginal cost curve intersects the average cost curve______.
A. from below at its lowest point
B. from above at its lowest point
C. from below before the lowest point
D. at the zero point
37. International trade takes place because of differences in______.
A. production cost
38. One major aim of a cartel is_____.
A. increase production
B. regulate output through quota system
C. have a joint account
D. share profits equally
39. Which of the following does not hinder the efficient distribution of goods in West Africa?
A. inadequate transportation network
B. inadequate storage facilities for agricultural goods
C. inadequate credit facilities for potential distributors
D. government participation in the distributive trade
40. Which of the following is not a negative effect of inflation?
A. lenders earn less
B. pensioners and salary earners on fixed incomes suffer
C. exports tend to decline
D. savings are discouraged
41. Which of these European countries placed a huge bond on Nigeria first time application for visa to their country?
D. Britain E. Spain
42. _______is the day the whole world celebrates the world food day?
A. October 16th
B. March 17th
C. September 13th
D. August 16th
E. June 15th
43. Which of these is not a part of the second stanza of the Nigerian National Anthem?
A. direct our noble cause
B. guide our leaders right
C. shall never be in vain
D. help our youth the truth to know
E. in love and honesty to grow
ABSU Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers
44. The resolution passed by the National Assembly to enable the then Vice President attend to
presidential responsibilities when President Yar‟ Adua was very sick was called_______.
A. presidential resolution
B. doctrine of national importance
C. doctrine of necessity
D. doctrine of National Assembly
E. none of the above
45. Jesus is the door and the good shepherd of the sheep because______.
A. he has the power to lay down his life
B. he has the power to take it again
C. no one can take the power from him
D. he received the charge from God
46. What did Jesus say will happen to any tree that is unproductive? God will______.
A. cut it down
B. prune the tree
C. take the tree away
D. make it bear more fruits
47. Why did Ananias die for the donation of the sale of his property to the Apostles?
A. he lied to the Holy Spirit
B. he contrived evil in his heart
C. he lied to God not to man
D. he kept back the proceed of the land.
48. Who was known as the man of power of God and was called the great in Samaria. It was_____.
49. Who did Peter say was in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity? He said it to____.
50. Jesus earnestly decided to eat the Passover with his disciples because he_____.
A. knew he was
going to die soon
B. wanted to inform them about his betrayal
C. wanted to eat it with them before he dies
D. wanted to have the last meal with them before he dies
ABSU Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers
ANSWERS TO 2022/2023 ABSU POST UTME
1. D 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. D 6. B 7. A 8. A 9. D 10. C 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. A 15. C 16. A 17. D 18. A 19. D 20. A 21. D 22. D 23. D 24. C 25. C 26. E 27. A 28. A 29. A 30. B 31. D 32. D 33. C 34. D 35. C 36. A 37. A 38. A 39. D 40. D 41. D 42. A 43. C 44. C 45. D 46. C 47. C 48. A 49. B 50. A