Are you currently studying in an institution without a JAMB registration number? Don’t worry, the JAMB Late Application (formerly known as “regularization”) provides an opportunity for candidates like you to obtain a JAMB registration number and ensure your admission is officially recognized. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step procedure of JAMB Regularization and help you navigate the process smoothly. Let’s get started!
Creating Your JAMB Profile for JAMB Regularization
- Sign Up (New User): If you are a new user, begin by creating a profile. Visit the JAMB website and navigate to the Sign Up page. Fill in your valid email address, surname, first name, mobile number, state, local government area (LGA) of origin, and password. Ensure the accuracy of the provided information. Once completed, click on the Sign Up button. Remember, each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Sign In: For existing users, simply enter your login details (email address and password) to access your account.
- Landing Page: After successfully signing in, you will be directed to the landing page where all available services are displayed.
- Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”: On the landing page, locate and select the “Late (Retroactive) Application” option from the sidebar.
- Late Application Menu: Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click on it to proceed.
- Transaction ID Generation: Upon selecting the Late Application service, a unique Transaction ID will be generated. This ID will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review Confirmation Details: Take a moment to review all the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Pay close attention to the Transaction ID, which will be highlighted in bold red font. This Transaction ID is essential for future references regarding your application. A copy of the transaction ID will also be sent to your registered email address.
- Payment Options: If you wish to pay immediately using your card, click on the Continue button. However, if you prefer alternative payment channels such as ATM, Cash at the Bank, or Quickteller, make sure to note down the Transaction ID as it will be required for these methods.
- Interswitch Payment: Upon clicking Continue, you will be redirected to the Interswitch Payment page. Enter your card details and click on the Pay button to proceed with the payment.
- Payment Status: Once the payment is completed, the status of your payment will be displayed in the “My Payment Section.” Additionally, you will receive an SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status. Click on the Continue button to proceed.
- Providing Exam Year and JAMB Registration Number: After the payment process, you will be prompted to provide the Year of Exam and your JAMB Registration Number.
- Filling the Application Form: Enter the requested information accurately. The application form will be displayed, and you are required to fill it online. Pay close attention to the mandatory fields.
- Submission: Once you have filled out the application form, click on the Submit button to complete your application.
- Indemnity Form: After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed. Print this form as it needs to be filled and taken to your institution for approval.
- Approval Process: Submit the filled Indemnity Form to the appropriate department or authority in your institution for approval. Your institution will then take responsibility for submitting the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Upload of Approved Form: Once the JAMB state office receives the approved form, it will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification once this process is completed.
- Application Processing: JAMB will process your application based on the provided information. If your application is approved, your details will be changed as requested.
By following these steps, you can successfully regularize your admission and obtain a JAMB registration number. Remember to complete each stage accurately and promptly to avoid any delays or complications.
JAMB Regularization for Part-Time/Sandwich/Distance Learning Students
In addition to the regular JAMB Regularization process, there are specific instructions for Part-Time/Sandwich/Distance Learning Students enrolled in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions. To ensure accurate data and streamline the admission process for these students, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has integrated the Part-Time Degree Programme into the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS). Here’s what you need to know:
- Visit JAMB e-Facility: All Part-Time/Sandwich Students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions should immediately visit the JAMB e-facility platform to begin the registration process.
- JAMB CBT Centre: Carry out the registration process at any approved JAMB CBT Centre. Make sure to fill the JAMB Indemnity Form, which must be endorsed and signed by the Dean of the School of Continuing Education (SCE) or Part-Time Studies in your institution. Once completed, submit the form to the JAMB office.
- Admission Letter and REG Numbers: After the JAMB indemnity Forms are approved, students can visit the JAMB website to print their Admission Letter, which will include their respective REG numbers.
Please note that before purchasing the respective institution’s part-time forms, prospective Part-Time candidates must first enroll with JAMB by purchasing the JAMB Part-Time/Sandwich/Distance Learning Form for the cost of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N3,500) only.
Following these guidelines will ensure that Part-Time/Sandwich/Distance Learning students have their admissions officially recognized and their REG numbers issued.
In conclusion, the JAMB Late Application or regularization process provides an opportunity for students without a JAMB registration number to ensure their admission is properly recognized. By following the outlined steps and adhering to the specific instructions for Part-Time/Sandwich/Distance Learning students, you can successfully complete the process and obtain your JAMB registration number. Good luck with your application!